Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kareena: I’ll marry after Sallu


The two superstars have acted together only once before, in 2005’s disastrous Kyon Ki, but this time there is a definite chemistry between them that has got trade pundits excited. People are still talking about the oomph she oozed in Kambakth Ishq while he continues to be pumped up with muscle from the success of Wanted. If there is any reason why they should not provide fireworks this Diwali, then I do not know about it.

I bumped into the Khannas at Mehboob Studio where they were shooting an ad together. On screen, despite the 14-year age difference, they are said to make an adorable couple and handsomely complement each other. But both are consummate actors. And Salman, I know, is far more fond of her elder sister Karisma with whom he’s had several big hits. While Kareena, despite Salman’s boyish charm and ruggedness, knows she makes the best jodi of all in Bollywood only with Saif Ali Khan. Wait for Karan Johar’s Kurbaan next month and you will know what I mean. Still, and I don’t know what it is, there is a sizzling connect between the two. And the conversation between them sparked and hissed like this:

BT: How was it working together?
Salman: Extraordinary!
Kareena: Rubbish, it was nothing like that… It’s only my second film with him. He’s done many with my sister. We only did Kyon Ki earlier… and it was soppy! This one is lighthearted, it’s sweet, got great music…

Salman: Soppy? Kyon Ki was depressing… it confused emotion with depression! This is a today film. But, yes, I like Lolo… when I first met Kareena, she was Babita’s arrogant daughter, just nine years old.

Kareena: Hahaha, he was upset because I liked Rahul Roy whose film Aashiqui was a hit…
Salman: She’s still a Rahul Roy fan… he’ll be so happy. I remember she had come to the bottom of her building in a transparent nightie to check me out…

Kareena: Don’t listen to him…
Salman: She reminds me a lot of Sangeeta, her personality, the way she talks, something very similar… mentally, they’re the same age.


Kareena: I had fun making Main Aurr Mrs Khanna. I really don’t know Salman as well as Lolo does. And on sets, I interacted more with Sohail. But I love Salman. We had a blast shooting in Australia. We went out every evening. It’s always great being with him. My family loves him. But the problem is, he treats me like a kid… not a heroine.

Salman: Start by writing, “I love Salman!”
Kareena: Don’t embarrass me. Both Saif and I love Salman.

Salman: Saif is fond of me.

Kareena: Okay, I love Salman… but not as much as Lolo does.

Salman: That’s the second headline!

Kareena: Okay, let’s talk about the film…

Salman: It’s about getting married to stay married, a sweet, sensitive, romantic comedy, there’s no shade of dark in it at all, even though you need grey or black for the hero to stand out. But here’s its done with masti, so the more complicated the script gets, the film becomes dhamal. Had it been made seriously, it would have been morally wrong.

Kareena: It’s about a strong relationship and marriage and a woman who stands by her man.
Salman: The day you get married…

Kareena: I’ll get married after Salman!

No comments:

Post a Comment